Sunday, December 15, 2013

Finals Week

Here it is, Finals Week, the week we all love to hate because that means we're that much closer to graduating. This semester I'm not feeling the same pressure I recall feeling in the first three years of my college education. I'm only taking a couple classes--literally, only two. This has relieved me of some pressure. Less projects, less to worry about, you would think. However, I have been taking on outside assignments for the Communications Department. In the next few weeks, I will have to have three recruitment videos created. This has involved a lot of time and effort on my part, including contacting individuals to be in the video, as well as shooting and editing each video for the department. I have also been working a lot; as my course load becomes less and less, I have been taking more hours at each of my jobs, which has been both good and bad for me. Good because I'm making money...Bad because...well, I'm working more. It can be a drag, on top of cutting into my schoolwork.

In preparation for Finals Week, I attended Finals Breakfast in between my homework sessions today. I've been working on my Final Portfolio in this class, to be presented on Wednesday. I have also been wrapping up loose ends in my online COMM 315 class. eFolio has been giving us all a run for our money these last couple weeks, but I've used it once before in my Interpersonal Communications class last semester, so...so far, so good.

I feel like this semester has gone by even faster than some in the past and I'm starting to feel the pressure of my impending graduation the most this year's Finals Week. Though I'm not outta the woods just yet, I think I can maybe possibly sort of see a light way out there somewhere. Tonight, as I continue my Sunday Homework Marathon, I wish us all a Happy Finals Week...may the odds ever be in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment